Macdonald Compleat Angler is one of the country's quintessential English retreats. Named after Isaak Walton's book of the same name, the hotel is located on the banks of the River Thames and Marlow Weir, across the bridge from the historic Georgian town, Marlow. The hotel is award-winning and world renowned, rated one of the top 200 hotels in the UK & Ireland by the AA with four red stars.
"Bowaters", serving modern British food has 2 AA rosettes. The hotel, frequented by many celebrities and Royalty over the years - including HM The Queen - is one of the finest places to dine, stay and relax.
|Open New Year|
|Open All Year|
|Open (01/01/2014 - 31/12/2014)|
- AA Awards - 2 AA Rosettes 2013
- Tourism South East Award - Tourism South East Member 2014
This accommodation does not have any available rooms
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Classic Double||£140.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Classic Twin||£140.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Feature Rooms with private balconies overlooking the weir||£230.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|River-facing Executive Rooms||£175.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Suite||£340.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
Please fill in the details below. Fields marked with a * are required.
Your enquiry form is submitted by email to the accommodation provider who will respond to you directly. No commissions will be charged if you make a booking.
- Celebrity connection
- Country house
- Film or TV location - Often used for celebrity interviews and press conferences.
- In town/city centre
- Non smoking establishment
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest - Izaak Walton is believed to have written his world-famous book on angling in and around Marlow in 1653; it is from his book that the name of the Inn was later taken.
- Accessible Bedrooms
- Disabled Parking
- Disabled persons toilet
- Ramp / Level Access
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
- Children's videos/DVDs available - In Executive and Feature rooms.
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- Food/bottle warming available
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- Free parking
- On site parking
- Railway station within 5 miles
- Railway station within walking distance
- Access to golf course - Excellent golf course nearby with reduced green fees.
- Eating Out Within Walking Distance
- Fishing - Own ghillie and boat. Excellent fishing in weir pool.
- Fitness facilities close by - Leisure facilities are available for a small charge at the local leisure centre which is within walking distance.
- Golf Course close by
- Gym - Leisure facilities are available for a small charge at the local leisure centre which is within walking distance.
- Health/Fitness/ Beauty Facilities - Leisure facilities are available for a small charge at the local leisure centre which is within walking distance.
- Indoor pool - Leisure facilities are available for a small charge at the local leisure centre which is within walking distance.
- Other sporting facilities - Shooting nearby.
- Swimming Pool close by
- Tennis court - Close by
- Water sports facilities - Boats are available to hire from the hotel.
- Additional Meal Details - Any
- Bar meals
- Cater for vegetarians
- Half board supplement (£) - £30pp Dinner £15pp Breakfast
- Meals served all day
- Room Service
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Special diets catered for
- American Express accepted
- Delta accepted
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Special group rates
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Air conditioning in all rooms
- All rooms non-smoking
- Baths all rooms
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- DVD Player in all bedrooms - in Executive and Feature rooms.
- Four poster beds available
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Ground Floor Room(s)
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Internet access all rooms
- Ironing facilities in most rooms - ALL
- King sized bed (6ft) some rooms
- Mini bar some rooms - ALL
- Modem point in all bedrooms
- Non smoking rooms available
- Queen sized beds (5ft) some rooms
- Radio in all bedrooms
- River view some rooms
- Safe all rooms
- Shaver Point/s
- Showers all rooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
- Trouser press all rooms
- 24 hr return laundry service
- Accept coach parties
- Air-conditioning throughout
- Available for wedding receptions - Riverside location and own bridal boat. Cater for up to 120 people seated.
- Business facilities (eg. Fax/ modem) - Modem in every room. 5 conference suites. Video conferencing.
- Central heating throughout
- Children aged 12yrs+ welcome
- Children aged 5+yrs welcome
- Conference facilities
- Currency exchange service
- Event venue
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Gay/Lesbian Friendly
- Ironing facilities
- Licensed for civil marriages
- Night porter
- Open Christmas
- Open Fire
- Open New Year
- Pets accepted - Small dogs
- Pre-school children welcome (0-4yrs)
- Public Telephone
- Real log/coal fires
- Regular evening entertainment - Pianist/Jazz evening every Friday and Saturday.
- Separate guests' lounge
- Staff fluent in foreign languages ** (List of languages are separately given) - French, Spanish, Italian, German, Polish
- Welcome single sex groups, eg stag/hen parties
- Wireless Internet Access
- Aim to attract conferences and business meetings
- Marketed to any other specialist market - Gourmet/Food Lover, Anglers, Walkers, Cyclists.
- Short breaks available
- Special provisions for cyclists - Can lock up cycles.
- Special provisions for lone female travellers
- Special provisions for walkers
- French spoken
- German spoken
- Italian spoken
- Spanish spoken
Travel & Trade
- Commission/net rates apply
- Group discounts available
- Min group size numeric qualifier - 8
- Packed lunches available
- Room/unit allocations available
- Wi-fi available
M4 junction 8/9 or M40 junction 4 to A404. At roundabout follow signs to Bisham. Go through village and hotel is on the right just before the bridge.
Sat Nav - SL7 1RH
Public Transport Directions
Local station Marlow connects to main station at Maidenhead.
Book a weekend Helicopter Tour break at the Thames side Macdonald Compleat Angler Hotel, Marlow and see the fascinating course of the river from above as it winds its way through towns, villages and the countryside to London, where you can pick-out the capital’s famous landmarks.
The one-night stay for two sharing an executive river-facing room includes full English breakfast, a candlelit dinner in the hotel’s AA two rosette Bowaters restaurant, a bottle of house wine in your room on arrival, return transfers to and from Booker airport by chauffeur-driven car, pre-flight drinks and the one hour sight-seeing flight over London.
Prices start from £579 per room for two sharing, which includes a £30pp allocation for dinner. To book call the Macdonald Compleat Angler on 0844 879 9128 quoting Helicopter Special, details can also be viewed on www.MacdonaldHotels.co.uk/CompleatAngler.
Offer link: Leisure Breaks