Tel: 01753 620010
THE BOATMAN RIVERSIDE RESTAURANT & GASTROPUB
The Boatman has been an historical drinking and eating establishment since 1829 (although it has changed owners and names over the years from The Kings Head to The Donkey House to The River House) and it is Windsor’s only proper pub by the river. You can’t sit in a pub by the river in central Windsor anywhere else!
It’s the perfect location to soak up the glorious riverside views over Eton and the wonderful wildlife whilst enjoying a coffee, a drink or their classic British cuisine.
They have an all-weather glass conservatory as well as large outdoor terrace so if the weather is inclement, you can still relax by the river as it has a retractable roof, heaters and blankets. Or of course you can always pop inside the main building.
The river takes on a different vibe in the evening with magical, sparkly lights reflecting off the water. It’s very romantic as well as being a great place to celebrate a special occasion with friends, family or co-workers.
WHERE IS THE BOATMAN?
The Boatman is just behind Windsor & Eton Riverside Station on the waterfront. If you’re walking from Windsor town, simply turn right just before Eton bridge into Farm Yard then right again into Thames Side and The Boatman is at the end of the road. There are plenty of pay-and-display car parks in central Windsor and the pub/restaurant is not far from any of them.
WHEN IS IT OPEN?
You’re welcome for coffee or drinks from 10am onwards, 7 days a week and food is served from 12 noon until 10pm.
WHAT’S ON THE MENU?
Try their 21 day aged 8oz rib eye steak chargrilled on the grill and served with peppercorn sauce or their Homemade Chargrilled 8oz Black Angus beef burger in a brioche bun - both served with chunky chips.
Other dishes include:
- Slow-cooked shoulder of lamb served with creamy mashed potato, green beans and red wine jus
- Smoked haddock & salmon fishcake served with crispy leaf salad & garlic and herb mayo
- Sharing Platter for Two People - Parma ham, chorizo, Italian salami, parmesan and applewood cheese. Served with bread, olive oil & balsamic vinegar
- Caesar Salad - Crisp cos lettuce and crunchy croutons with caesar dressing and shaved parmesan cheese…Why not add chargrilled chicken breast or Halloumi?
- Fish & chips – Fillet of cod in Eton Ale batter served with homemade tartar sauce and chunky chips
- Spinach & feta cheese salad with spiced aubergine, olives & cherry tomatoes
- Hand shredded warm duck & mango with rocket salad & hazelnut and balsamic dressing
- Grilled sea bass fillets served with buttered new potatoes and wilted baby spinach
- Penne Pasta served with chicken breast in a rich creamy sauce or fresh asparagus, baby spinach and cream
Puddings include Eton Mess, Homemade Tiramisu, Chocolate Brownie or Sticky Toffee Pudding, Ice-cream and Sorbet.
Group bookings are welcome.
There’s also an extensive drinks menu, as you’d expect!
The Boatman is a dog-friendly pub so DOGS ARE WELCOME inside the bar area and outside on the terrace.
There’s a KIDS' MENU offering freshly cooked favourite dishes and highchairs and baby changing facilities are available.
PRIVATE PARTIES & CORPORATE EVENTS
If you’re looking for a venue for private parties, dinners, buffets, receptions and celebrations (e.g. anniversaries, birthdays and weddings) then The Boatman can cater for up to 100 people and it is also perfectly suited to both small and large corporate events and office lunches/dinners.
The Boatman can help you plan your event and you can even add your own additional touches such as special menus, decorations and entertainment. The new conservatory can be hired out privately and caters for up to 80 people.
TRIP ADVISOR VISITORS SAY:
‘Delicious food, excellent service…lovely spot beside the river, highly recommend’
‘Put it on your "must visit" list - you will not be disappointed’
‘Great location, good food & tasty ale’
|Open (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
* Food served from 12 noon until 10pm.Dates and times marked with a '*' are provisional and may be subject to change