Accommodation Booking Terms
General Terms and Conditions of accommodation booking
1. The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead (RBWM) has provided this website as a facility to customers wishing to stay in the Windsor and Maidenhead area. All the prices, details and availability are supplied directly by the accommodation providers and presented on this website in good faith, but without any liability. This booking constitutes a contract directly between you and the accommodation establishment that you have selected.
2. You must be aged 18 or over to make a booking, and in making a booking you confirm that you are of sufficient legal age and capacity to use our website and create binding legal obligations for any liability you may incur as a result of such use.
3. All bookings made will be subject to a 10% deposit to be made by debit/credit card via this website. Your debit/credit card details will be used to secure your booking. RBWM will forward your details to the accommodation provider in order to facilitate formation and performance of contracts. The accommodation provider may require the balance of the payment to be made before arrival at the accommodation establishment. In this instance the accommodation provider will contact you directly at the time of your booking. For serviced accommodation, a deposit of 10% of the total stay, at the time of booking. For self-catering accommodation, a 10% deposit will be taken on booking. The owner may require the balance of payment to be made before arrival at the property. In this instance the owner will contact you directly, at the time of booking. The deposit and booking fee (if applicable) is not refundable for any reason whatsoever.
4. Your booking may in certain circumstances be subject to a booking fee. If this is the case, this will be detailed within the payment details as to the amount due and how this is to be paid. The deposit detailed in point 3 above and any booking fee (if payable) are non refundable for any reason whatsoever.
5. The accommodation provider reserves the right to request full or part payment of the remainder of the outstanding balance of the booking in accordance with their standard terms and conditions of booking.
6. In accordance with the accommodation provider’s own terms and conditions, the total accommodation price (less any deposit/pre-payment already paid) must be paid on or before the date of your departure from the accommodation establishment. Please note that not all accommodation providers accept credit/debit cards for final payment. Where a cash or cheque payment only is accepted then this will be clearly identified on the accommodation booking form.
7. If you have booked self-catering accommodation you must contact the accommodation provider immediately to arrange advance payment. Please note some accommodation establishments do not accept debit/credit card payment.
8. If you fail to take up the accommodation, without prior arrangement with the accommodation provider, or outside the accommodation provider’s permitted cancellation period as set out in their standard terms and conditions, then the accommodation provider’s cancellation policy will apply.
9. Whilst RBWM has made every effort to present information about suitable accommodation, it cannot be held responsible, nor accept any liability, for complaints or claims of any nature arising from this booking, nor for any loss or damage which may be suffered by you or other members of your party during or as a result of your stay at the accommodation establishment.
10. Prices are for accommodation only or accommodation plus board, as stated on the booking confirmation, and do not generally include any additional expenses incurred such as additional meals, drinks, use of telephone, etc except where specified on the booking confirmation.
11. Any data gathered during the course of this booking may be held on RBWM's computer files. This data will only be used by RBWM, its marketing partners and the accommodation establishment in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 principles.
12a. Conference Bookings only: Bookings made from guaranteed availability and specially designated accommodation for an event will have a specific cancellation policy which is clearly displayed at the end of the hotel's description. We recommend that you read this carefully.
12b. Where an allocation has been taken at a hotel, to provide guaranteed availability then the number of rooms available may be reduced or cancelled and the price of the rooms may change.