Tel: +44 (0)844 346 3000
Ascot Racecourse is synonymous with quality, excellence and a truly memorable day out. It was Queen Anne in 1711 who first saw the potential for a racecourse at Ascot (in those days called East Cote). Whilst out riding near Windsor Castle she came upon an area of open heath that looked, in her words, “ideal for horses to gallop at full stretch”.
The highlight of the year is Royal Ascot in June with five days of tradition, pageantry and style. Indeed Queen Anne's gift to racing, founding the Royal Racecourse, is marked by the tradition of opening Royal Ascot with the Queen Anne Stakes.
Outside of Royal Ascot, spectacular racing takes place throughout the year, each raceday offering a unique theme and atmosphere including the King George VI Weekend in July, a Beer Festival in October and a Fireworks Spectacular in November, as well as four dedicated family racedays and much more. It’s a perfect family day out with free admission for all accompanied children under 18.
Key Racedays in 2017:
• Royal Ascot (Tuesday 20th to Saturday 24th June)
• King George VI Weekend (Friday 28th and Saturday 29th July)
• The Dubai Duty Free Shergar Cup and Concert (Saturday 12th August)
• Festival of Food & Wine Racing Weekend (Friday 8th and Saturday 9th September)
• Autumn Racing Weekend & Ascot Beer Festival (Friday 6th and Saturday 7th October)
• Four dedicated Family Days throughout the year (Saturday 2nd April, Saturday 15th July, Saturday 4th November and Saturday 23rd December)
And it’s more than just racing! In addition to the themed racedays mentioned above, Ascot Racecourse is also home to other events such as the Luna Cinema.
For more information or to book call 0844 346 300 or visit www.ascot.co.uk
Ticket prices: Ascot Racecourse ticket prices start for £15 per person and generous group and advance discounts are available. Visit www.ascot.co.uk for more information on ticket prices and ticket types.
|2017 (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good190
- hazyjane01Birmingham, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayCertainly an experienceSunday, 26th February 2017It's definitely something I wanted to do and I'm glad I did. The place is pristine and absolutely gorgeous. I'm not really much for horse racing but it was an enjoyable experience and a great... Read full review
- Brighton9EnglandTrip Type:CouplesAscot Chase racedayTuesday, 21st February 2017We upgraded to the premium enclosure and it was worth £5 for the better view. Had the chicken burger with chips and cola for £11 which was reasonable for a sport venue. Staff all very polite and... Read full review
- Ralph PHigh peakTrip Type:CouplesFine dining at its bestMonday, 20th February 2017We booked the ON 5 restaurant to watch the races in February. It was a fabulous experience, the food is excellent, The service was fantastic and very friendly, and the whole race experience was... Read full review