The church of Saint Peter and Saint Andrew was first built in 1216, probably on the site of an earlier building. It was restored and rebuilt in 1863 but still retains its original Early English chancel and tower. The churchyard contains the grave of celebrated Georgian actress Mary 'Perdita' Robinson.
There are numerous opportunities for fishing and boating and, although there is much modern housing development adjacent to the main roads, the towpath walks still retain their rural charm. The southeast of the parish adjoins the county of Surrey where the road from Windsor to Staines leads to historic Runnymede. It was here on 15 June 1215 that King John sealed the Magna Carta.